If you are over the limit or exceeding your e-mail disk space, you will need to clear up disk space to receive e-mails, or purchase additional space.
To clear up disk space you can do any of the following:Solution #1: Delete old messages and/or attachments.
You can log in to your account and clean it up by deleting old e-mails and large attachments.
- Login to WebMail using your e-mail address.
- Click on Mail.
- Click on the folder you want to view mail, such as Inbox.
- Sort e-mail by size.
- Delete any e-mails you no longer need that contain large attachments.
- Once finished, right click on the folder you deleted from, then click Compact.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each folder in your e-mail account, except the spam and trash folder.
- Click on the Spam folder and review its contents. Move any mail you want to keep.
- Once done, click to Empty your Spam folder.
- Click on the Trash folder and review its contents. Move any mail you want to keep.
- Once done, click to Empty the Trash folder.
- Log out of webmail.
- Log back into webmail and check the disk space, usually shown in the bottom left.
- Clear additional space as needed by deleting old messages, or folders.
Did you know, you could download your e-mail directly into Gmail and other e-mail services as a separate account? This allows you to still send from your business e-mail, but have the ability to check and send e-mail from one place.
Solution #3: Use software such as Outlook, or other e-mail software.
You can use a software such as Outlook to download, view and manage your e-mail instead of WebMail (keep in mind this will delete all e-mail from your WebMail and download it to your computer).
To do this, you simply would need to setup your e-mail software on your computer.