Using Google Analytics Ecommerce tracking, you can track more details about your online store orders and where they came from, etc.
Enabling E-Commerce for your reports
The first step of tracking e-commerce transactions is to enable e-commerce reporting for your website's profile:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click Edit next to the profile you'd like to enable.
- On the Profile Settings page, click Edit next to Main Website Profile Information.
- Change the E-Commerce Website radio button from No to Yes.
Configuring your shopping cart
After you have enabled ecommerce for your website's profile, you'll need to ensure that your shopping cart's receipt page sends the ecommerce tracking data to Google Analytics. The tracking code is already built into the LinkU shopping cart, so all you need to do is enable it.
- Login to your LinkU control panel.
- Click Online Store.
- Click Conversion Tracking.
- Under the Google Analytics section, select Enabled.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account ID.
- Click to Save.
If your Google Analytics is not tracking your orders, you may need to purchase an SSL certificate for your website.