The following guide will show you how to set up the built-in email application on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet to access the LinkU Email server for incoming email and outbound email. The setup for both IMAP and POP3 is the same.
- Tap the Home icon
- Tap the Grid icon so you can view all installed applications. (This will also give you an idea of what is installed and running on your tablet)
- Tap the Email icon
- Enter your Email Address and Password for the account you are setting up and tap Next (it is very inportant that your password is exactly the same as what is set up in webmail)
- Select the type of account: POP3, IMAP, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync; select either POP3 or IMAP, as appropriate. (In most cases POP3 will be what we are using)
- Enter the Incoming server settings: POP3 server name is mail.linkumail.com (Username will be your full email address, password will be what ever password you have assigned in webmail. You will be given the option to delete mail from server, I would not check this box because you will lose your email on everything except your tablet.) Note: If you chose to use the IMAP option the settings will be the same except the server name will be: "imap.linkumail.com" for incoming mail instead of "mail.linkumail"
- Enter the Outgoing server settings: SMTP server name is smtp.linkumail.com (Username will be your full email address, password will be what ever password you have assigned in webmail) you will need to check the box that says "Server Requires Authentication" DO NOT CHECK "SERVER REQUIRES SSL OR SECURE CONNECTION" then tap Done, and then Next
- You can now select Account options: Email checking frequency (15 minutes by default), Send email from this account by default (check box), and Notify me when email arrives (checkbox) -- make your selections and tap Next
- Your LinkU Email account is now set up on your Galaxy Tab and must be named -- also be sure to enter your name to be displayed on outgoing messages
Once completed, the Galaxy Tab will connect to the account and begin retrieving your email.