To setup your LinkU e-mail in Outlook 2010, do the following:
- Open Outlook 2010 and click on File.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Make Sure you are on the E-mail tab and click “New.”
- Select E-mail Account. Click Next.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Select “Internet E-Mail” and click Next.
- Enter the following information.
- Your Name: Enter your name as you want it to appear on outgoing messages.
- E-mail Address: Your email address.
- Account type: Select “POP3.”
- Incoming mail server: pop.linkumail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.linkumail.com
- Important! If you already have an e-mail address setup on your Outlook and would like your messages to come into the same inbox that you use now, you must choose to use an Existing Outlook data file, then browse and select your current data file. Otherwise, if you create a new one, it will create a completely seperate Inbox, Outbox, Deleted Item, etc folder for this e-mail account.
- Click on “More Settings.”
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box “My outgoing server requires authentication.”
- Click on the Advanced Tab. Where it says Outgoing server (SMTP): 25, change this to 2500.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.