When you have access to conversion data in your Pay-Per-Click (PPC) reports, you can make smarter online advertising decisions, particularly about what ads and keywords you invest in. Given better data, you can better measure your overall return on investment (ROI) for your Pay-Per-Click campaigns. This is feature is key to saving hundreds, even thousands of your PPC advertising dollars.
A conversion occurs when someone clicks on your PPC ad and performs a behavior on your website that you recognize as a collected lead. The conversion rate listed in your account is the number of conversions divided by the number of ad clicks. The conversion rate is adjusted to reflect only the ad clicks on which we can track conversions.
Basically most PPC services will provide a conversion tracking code to add to your website. The services supported on your LinkURealty site are Google, Yahoo!/Overture and Enhance.com.
To add PPC tracking to your website do the following:
- Find out from your PPC provider what your conversion tracking code is. This is usually available from your PPC control panel.
- Take the code snippet they provide you and copy it.
- Login to your website administration.
- Click on the Pay-Per-Click Tracker icon located on the Main Menu.
- Find the appropriate field for your tracking code.
- Place the cursor inside the text area.
- Paste the tracking code.
- Click "Save Tracking Scripts" button on the bottom of the webpage.
- Your PPC campigns will now begin tracking your conversions for all your websites lead generation forms.
Google - http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/text/19212.html
Yahoo!/Overture - Login to Advertiser Control Panel --> Accounts Setup --> Conversion Counter